Sorts of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves depositing and/or sharing certain web content on a hosting server managed by a web hosting company. There are various forms of hosting services used for different goals, so let's take a glance at them. In that way, you can decide what you want, depending on whether you'd like to run a site, email box accounts, or to share files with friends and partners.
- File hosting: a service provided by given vendors, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its single designation is to share files, since it does not offer web page uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roll of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web site files in your web browser. Free-of-cost file storage accounts often involve ads beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a certain interval of time to view them. A given file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you own a paid file hosting plan, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit with regard to the download speed or the file size.
At present, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud hosting". This is a totally awry explanation of the literal meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the load between different groups of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web space hosting services (email, data storage, statistics, DNS, databases, web space hosting CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting service is only a kind of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; some suppliers provide a hosting solution for images exclusively. This hosting type is appropriate if you wish to share a large amount of images with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is commonly free of charge. You will obtain a randomly generated link for every image or album and you can then share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the service cannot be utilized for web pages.
- Email hosting: a service dedicated to tackling your e-mail box accounts. Some suppliers provide webspace hosting solutions for web pages, but do not offer an email service. If you wish to open a mail address with your domain name but do not desire to have a website, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can create email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP e-mail servers.
- Video hosting: this service allows you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a particular video, or you can embed the video clip in your website that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach instead of uploading the video clip in a web hosting account is that the video file brings about a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of videos and a few hundred visitors, you may have trouble with your site hosting reserves. Embedding the video clip will enable you to utilize as many videos as you desire without hassling about system reserves.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you desire to run a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting brands since, along with your web sites, you can also host pics and files, you can create databases and email addresses, upload videos, and so on. At WebDaytonaHosting, for instance, you can take a look at web hosting and dedicated server hosting solutions that allow you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be restrictions depending on the kind of hosting solution that you've settled on - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting package may be better or worse compared with the customary email/file/video/image hosting packages that are conceived for specific web content solely.